We have an excellent track record in engaging and supporting people from minority communities. Our initiatives to supports local communities includes:
- Learning & Basic skills – e.g., English Language, Digital Skills, Confidence Building
- Employment Skills & Training – e.g., Job searches, interview techniques & CV building
- Community & Social Groups – e.g., Veterans Breakfast Club, Over 60’s, Bereavement support
- Health and Wellbeing – e.g., Mental Health Support, Dementia, Domestic Abuse support, therapeutic arts & crafts, Fitness, Self-care, women’s support groups
- Sports & Leisure – e. g. Boxing club
- Communities – e.g., community engagement, tackling hate crime, anti-social behaviour
- Strengthening Community Cohesion – e.g. bringing communities together and supporting new/emerging communities
- Mosses Pre-School Nursey on site and ADAB Mosses Centre Hall facility available for community and private events
- Information & Advice – e.g., signposting, accessing mainstream services, form-filling
Many of our service users face multiple barriers which prevent them from contributing to the Bury economy or participating in social interaction, especially prejudice and covert racism. Secondly limited grasp of English, means they don’t know their basic rights as such miss out on benefits, healthcare and other public services.
ADAB is proud to have been awarded the prestigious Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2013. This is the highest award given to voluntary groups in recognition of their work with communities.
We wish to thank our staff and particularly our volunteers whose unrelenting support enables us to provide services and support the communities in Bury.
ADAB has built good relations and works in partnership with many statutory and voluntary organisations in Bury to deliver activities and services to our diverse communities of Bury.
We are ideally placed to bridge the gap between the community and accessing mainstream services by helping to break down barriers and strengthening community cohesion in Bury.