Community Information Advice and Guidance Service
ADAB provides high quality and impartial Information, Advice and Guidance service specifically for South Asian Community within Bury. This is completely free, confidential, and independent. We assist on various issues and help access the services that you are unable to due to language difficulties.
We help by signposting and referring to the most appropriate service. ADAB provides practical help and emotional support to people who are experiencing problems and issues.
Please note that we DO NOT provide legal advice, we assist with accessing services however we can guide you to organisations that can provide legal advice.
We can help with:
- Information on what is available
- How to access services.
- Accessing services online or by phone
- Help with completing applications and filling forms.
- Assistance with accessing schools and children’s service’s
IAG is available on Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm
Call 0161 761 2079 for an appointment or email: [email protected]find out more
What we can help with
Examples of Issues ADAB can help with:
- Dealing with utilities – electric, gas etc.
- Housing – renting, homelessness, social and private landlords
- Mental Health
- Domestic Violence
- Immigration – Access to advice on Indefinite Leave to or immigration
- Debt and money advice – how to get help manage debts
- Employment and training
- Help in finding Work, Job Applications and CV’s
- Banks and banking online or by phone
- Benefits – entitlements, support with applications and appealing decisions
- Relationships – splitting up, children and bereavement
- Council tax
- Family Issues and Problems